Tuesday 10 February 2015

Photoshoot at Cambridge Estate, Kingston




I realised that I wanted to take pictures of these places to change people's opinions on places that have had a stigma attached to them for many years. I not only wanted to photograph the places in which these people lived but I then started to want to take pictures of the people themselves and even speak to them and hear their stories. I feel that recently programmes like 'Benefit Britain' have made the social divide between working and middle classes even bigger, showing these people in an often bad light. I wanted to provide people with their side of the story. I have photographed many different estates all over London, trying to capture little pieces of individuality in these otherwise regimented buildings. I want to connect people to places and explore the stories that these streets have witnessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment